ABOUT THE KLIB CONVENTION & EXHIBITION 2011
The Kuala Lumpur International Batik (KLIB) Convention & Exhibition is an initiative by Tun Endon Mahmood, the late wife of former Prime Minister of Malaysia, Tun Abdullah Haji Ahmad Badawi. KLIB comes under the umbrella of activities which are organised as part of the Malaysia Batik - Crafted For the World movement. Tun Endon Mahmood was the patron of this movement, which was launched in September 2003.
The activities of the event are managed by Yayasan Budi Penyayang Malaysia (Penyayang) in cooperation with the Ministry of Information, Communications and Culture.
The Chairman of Penyayang is Puan Nori Abdullah, daughter of Tun Abdullah Haji Ahmad Badawi and the late Tun Endon Mahmood.
- To develop an international network of batik enthusiasts;
- To foster closer ties amongst batik producing countries;
- To create a forum for batik craft and industry people across the world;
- To share techniques, innovations, technology and marketing strategies for the batik craft and industry;
- To focus on the long-term relevance, growth, progress and prominence of the batik craft and industry internationally.